How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Friday, February 15, 2008

Homemade Goat Milk Soap

You can take any basic cold process soap recipe and turn it into homemade goat milk soap. How do you do this? You do this by substituting goat milk soap for the water.


If you check the MMS Lye Calculator at you will see that they do not recommend any change in the recipe for liquids if it is water or milk.

I also checked the Columbus Food Lye Calculator and there is no change in liquid amounts for milk versus water there either.


More lye calculators can be found at:

Cranberry Lane

and

Brambleberry

I have successfully substituted milk for water in all of my recipes and never had any trouble. So making homemade goat milk soap will be easy if you take an existing recipe that you know will work and substitute the water for goat milk. If you have tried this already without much success, I would recommend that you view my video. I will lead you step by step through more than one way to create goat milk soap. You can view an introduction at my website How to Make Soap.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I know this is an older post, but I have a question about substituting the goat's milk for water in the soap recipes. Should it have been frozen and thawed first? I have seen that recommended many times. I am enjoying your blog very much. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Yes, I freeze the goat milk and when I make soap I micorwave it just a little so it is slushy, but very icy. I even put the slush into an ice bath to help keep it cooler. Enjoy making soap!

PREVIEW MY DVD HERE!!

Recommended for Essential Oils

Camdengrey Essential Oils