How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Homemade Goat Milk Soap Special Ingredients

We already discussed how you can turn any recipe into a homemade goat milk soap recipe. But what special ingredients can you add to your goat milk soap to make it unique and different from other soaps? A few ingredients I like are:
poppy seeds
dried orange peel
dried calendula petals *
dried lavender flowers
oatmeal (baby food kind *)
seaweed *
loofah (luffa)

I like using these ingredients in my homemade goat milk soap. But you have to be careful. Less is more whenever you add anything in your soap that will make it abrasive or exfoliating.

The very first coffee soap I tried to make, I put actual coffee grounds in the soap. That soap was SO bad. It was rougher than Lava Soap. I through most of it away. That was my first lesson in "less is more." I know I re-learned that lesson several times and now have a handle on that issue. Most folks want a creamy bar of soap on an every day basis. But a few cool, gently exfoliating soaps are definitely sure to be good sellers.

I marked with an asterisk the items that do not cause abrasion in your soap. Be creative and have fun experimenting!

Please check out my website at How to Make Soap.

1 comment:

Beauty Cosmetics said...

I love your post. Homemade shampoo is great. It is authentic. No harmful chemical used during preparation!!!

PREVIEW MY DVD HERE!!

Recommended for Essential Oils

Camdengrey Essential Oils