How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Monday, February 11, 2008

Best Moisturizing Hand Soap

One of my most requested and best moisurizing hand soap recipes would be called "Moisture Rich." I like to use this soap myself in the shower because it is so moisturizing. What's the secret ingredient? Shea butter. Here is my recipe:

25 oz. olive oil

10 oz. coconut oil

10 oz. palm oil

5 oz. shea butter

16 oz. water

7 oz. lye

I make this soap a little differently than my other soaps. I melt the olive oil, coconut oil and palm oils together. I incorporate the lye/water solution into them. When the solution is at very light trace, I then incorporate the melted shea butter. I like to incorporate this at this point, hoping that most of the shea butter will not react with the lye and retain it's moisturizing properties. I do not use any fragrance in this soap because I like to offer a few fragrance-free soaps. I like to use LIGHT olive oil so I get a very light (almost white) color bar of soap. This recipe will produce 16 4 oz. bars of soap (about 4 pounds). The smallest amount I normally make is 8 pounds of soap (or about 32 bars), so if you are a seasoned soap maker I would double the recipe. If you are new to soap making you can check out my website at How to Make Soap where I have an on-line or DVD video soap making tutorial. You can watch me make soap right in my own kitchen.
PREVIEW MY DVD HERE!!

Recommended for Essential Oils

Camdengrey Essential Oils