How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Herbal Natural Soap

Another one of my favorite soaps is an Herbal Natural Soap I call Herbal Scrub. I like to make this soap with the soap recipe from my DVD and I add a few extra ingredients to it. I like to add 1 -2 tablespoons of poppy seeds (not too many or your soap will be too abrasive -- ask me how I know!). I also color the soap a greenish color. You can either use a small amount of green pigment which I get from the Pigment Lady (she's no longer in business), or you can use a very small amount of chromium oxide. I like to try to stick to the natural pigments, but you can use whatever you wish. I have found that most individuals expect an herbal natural soap to smell like the herbal essence shampoo, so I use the Purely Herbal Fragrance Oil from Sweetcakes. Again, follow the recipe from my DVD (or use your favorite recipe) and use the same amount of Fragrance Oil as that recipe recommends. Purely Herbal FO was one of Sweet Cakes tops sellers for years. This soap is a good seller and looks very beautiful. I think you can be successful in the soap making business with offering about a dozen soaps. If each of your dozen soaps is a very good seller, then you do not need to keep a huge inventory of hundreds of different kinds. I like to offer about a dozen of the same best sellers on a regular basis, and offer a hand full of specialty soaps seasonally. I think you will find this Herbal Natural Soap to be a welcome additon to your soap making business.

If you would like more information on soapmaking you can check out my website at How to Make Soap
PREVIEW MY DVD HERE!!

Recommended for Essential Oils

Camdengrey Essential Oils