How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Gingerbread Hand Soap

It's never too early to begin planning for your next years' soap specials. One soap that I am planning to make is Gingerbread Hand Soap. I plan to make a goat milk soap (which will naturally turn a lovely shade of brown). Then I will take a small gingerbread man cookie cutter and cut out a gingerbread man from the bars while they are still soft. Make sure you do this right away when you cut your bars, or the soap will get to hard too slice through with a cookie cutter. You can actually slice your soap a little thinner for this soap. You'll get more bars of soap to sell and they will be easier to cut.

I haven't really determined if and how I am going to attach some decoration to the soap (like a smiling face and some rick rack on his hands and feet). Any ideas? A good fragrance would be Christmas Spice from Sweetcakes. There may be a better gingerbread FO, but I have never used this fragrance before. I really try to stay to fragrances I know will sell so I'm not sure if I will venture to try something new. If anyone out there has experience with a gingerbread fragrance, let me know in the comments.

Well, I guess I will dream "visions of sugar plums" tonight and perhaps I'll be inspired to think of a few other "cookie cutter soaps." I guess that will be another post!

Also, I have never done this kind of soap before because itinvolves "waste" in your soap. I have never been fond of rebatching, so if there are any ideas on what to do with the scraps -- I'm all ears.

Please visit my website at How to Make Soap.

No comments:

PREVIEW MY DVD HERE!!

Recommended for Essential Oils

Camdengrey Essential Oils