How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Friday, February 27, 2009

Essential Oils and Soap

Boy do I have a lot to post on essential oils.....it's exciting. I have met a certified aromatherapist that I just adore. She has created an incredible line of products and I am so excited about her essential oil blends. Here's why.....

If you have noticed, fragrance oils cost a lot of money and they are synthetic, not natural. But investing the money into many different essential oils and experimenting with blending them just never appealed to me. I blended a few essential oils that I liked, but I had several combinations that smelled horrible. So I still have about 12 essential oils sitting on my shelf that are doing nothing (I can assure you they cost a couple hundred dollars). None of them smells good on their own....what to do?

What do you do with a blend that doesn't smell good? It is a waste of time, money, and product. I know many soapers use those blends anyway so they aren't out money, but I wonder if those soaps sell at all. I smell a lot of soap everywhere I go to see how it smells. There are lots of soaps that smell just awful. Wouldn't it be wonderful to get some beautiful blended oils that would appeal to a large audience of people? And wouldn't it be great to know the benefit of the blend? I'm honestly looking for feedback here!!

Most websites sell pure essential oils, but I really haven't found anyplace that carries blends that I really wanted to use in my soap. So......I am going to work with this aromatherapist to develop blends that are suitable for cold process soap. I think there is a market for this. What do you think?

Anyway, I've always had several essential oil soaps in my line, but also carried Bath & Body Works or Victoria's Secret's fragrances because they always sold well. I plan to experiment with these essential oil blends and will let you know what I think (you never know how the lye will react with anything, but I haven't had too much trouble with essential oils before).

So, I'll keep you posted!!!
PREVIEW MY DVD HERE!!

Recommended for Essential Oils

Camdengrey Essential Oils