How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Breeding My Alpine Goat

Well, I am excited. My alpine goat, Mary, is off to my friend's house where she is being bred for the first time. I can hardly wait for the arrival of a new baby goat (or two--hopefully does) and the great goat milk that accompanies having babies. I had the awesome opportunity to hand milk another friend's milking goat, Amelie, several times this past year and I enjoyed the interaction with her goat very much. I know I will enjoy milking my own Mary even more. It does seem weird not having Mary here and I know little Maggie misses her friend, but at least she has the sheep for the time being. Maggie is about 7 months and is a cross bred 1/2 Dwarf Nigerian goat.

I still have some goat milk (from Amelie and also from Mary's mom Wendy) in the freezer for soap making over the winter when my schedule is much less hectic, but I can't wait to make the soap from my own Mary!
PREVIEW MY DVD HERE!!

Recommended for Essential Oils

Camdengrey Essential Oils