How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Friday, October 31, 2008

What Am I Doing With My Pig Lard?

I know....I know.....I told you all that I was going to use my rendered lard in some soap. But I don't think it is going to get that far. The other day I had my little kids clean out a few pumpkins. We roasted the seeds and also cooked the pumpkin for a real honest to goodness from scratch pumpkin pie. Guess what went into the pie crust? Yep......lard. And it was the best tasting pie crust I have ever made (and I take great pride in my pie crusts!) So I think my soap making creations are going to take a back seat to pie crust and I'll have to wait and render the fat from the two Scottish Highland Beef that are going to market mid November. Tallow makes a harder bar of soap than lard anyway!

No comments:

PREVIEW MY DVD HERE!!

Recommended for Essential Oils

Camdengrey Essential Oils