How to Make Goat Milk Soap DVD

Friday, March 14, 2008

Which Laundry Detergent Works Best on Stains

It has been about a year since I first began experiementing with making my own laundry detergent. I have found a couple recipes and have tried various bar soaps in the recipe. I am very happy with the home made detergent, but have found that I really need to pre-treat stains (just as I did when I used commercially made detergent).
So when asked which laundry detergent works best on stains, I would answer that none of them really do. But I have found a GREAT stain treater and that would be a bar of Fels Naptha detergent. It takes very little of this to treat stains. I apply it directly to the stain and scrub the stain with a brush or with my hands in the fabric. If you can let it sit a bit that usually helps as well. This one bar will last you many many months!!
I have been able to remove grass stains from my sons' grass stained pants (even the stains that I previously couldn't remove) with the Fels Naptha.
So my recommendation would be to use an economical detergent and use the Fels Naptha to treat the stains. I will post my recipe and variations of the recipe in another post. If you are interested in making your own laundry soap and want to make it even more economical, then learn how to make a basic bar soap that you can use in the laundry soap (it's also great for your family's skin). You can get information about soap making at How to Make Soap.

No comments:

PREVIEW MY DVD HERE!!

Recommended for Essential Oils

Camdengrey Essential Oils